If you want to perform venepuncture to a high standard and understand the reasons for best practice and perfecting your technique, you have chosen the right course.
It is widely perceived that phlebotomy is a practical job and many people underestimate the importance of embedding a deep understanding of anatomy and physiology along with tips and guidance from experienced practitioners.
This self-paced course introduces the knowledge and understanding you require to kickstart your journey in phlebotomy whilst developing an understanding of the importance of health and safety and infection control/prevention.
- Getting Started
- Understanding Venepuncture
- Where is phlebotomy performed?
- Infection Control
- Health & Safety
- The Phlebotomy Procedure
- Anatomy of the arm
- Venepuncture Complications
- Assessment Preparation
- Recognise the importance of phlebotomy in a variety of settings.
- Understand the equipment used during venepuncture.
- Identify risks involved in venepuncture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of infection control and health and safety principles in relation to phlebotomy practice.
- Differentiate between arteries and veins.